• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater Core

skywords

Donation Time
I have installed all my heater cores most of which I purchased on e-bay. They supposedly all pressure checked and guess what. They all are leakers! Imagine that someone selling their junk on e-bay and misrepresenting them?
I gave them all A+ ratings, e-bay sucks for that if you give a bad rating you get one in return so everyone gets a good rating and continues to sell junk.

I need to send them off for repair. What do you recommend? My local radiator shop? They seem a little delicate for that.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, I suppose it depends on your radiator shop. Some of the old timers are glad to see something they can actually repair rather than replace. Sounds like you have an ample supply, I'd risk one at the local shop that has the best reputation for working on old stuff.

Bill

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick,

Note that the heater cores expect no more than 7-9 lbs pressure. If you use a higher pressure radiator cap you will puff out the end tanks and maybe make them leak.

Tom H

skywords

Donation Time
Thanks Tom... I was watching that when I had the hot thermostat installed and running at 210F. No swelling noted on the end caps. The temp is running a cool 170F now with the cooler thermostat installed.