• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater Blower motor removal

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
What is the procedure to remove the blower motor in a '62 Alpine. I have all the bracket fasteners I can see removed and it doesn't budge.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
What is the procedure to remove the blower motor in a '62 Alpine. I have all the bracket fasteners I can see removed and it doesn't budge.
In the alpine there is a sheet metal diverter that heat and defrost. I think you have. To remove that. There is a seal on the top of it the seal can stick so it might give you a fight. Inside the heater box located under the slam panel that has the hood release there is a rubber drain underneath the heater core it goes through the fire wall that the blower pushes into. Mine was cooked onto the blower which made it difficult to remove. The heaters are all the same. I have a SV but my old S2 had the same arrangement. I hope this helps. If you need more information send a PM and I will give you my phone #.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
There should be 3 nuts that attach the fan bracket to the firewall. There should be a foam type large washer on the fan inlet as well as the rubber elbow on the discharge of the fan. Series II does not have a rubber drain like the later Alpines. Yes removing the sheet metal diverter would be required, which is not used on later Alpines.