• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Healey Gauges for a V6

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just curious: could a stock Smith's tach and speedometer from a 1967 Austin Healey 3000 work with a Ford V6 conversion?

miket

Donation Time
My guess is that since the Healy was a straight six, that the tach would work as you will have the same number of pulses per revolution.

The speedo would probably work if the diff is the same gearing.

Mike

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks. I was actually more interested in the speedometer than the tachometer, but figured that if the speedo worked better than an Alpine one I could use them without having to modify the dash for aftermarket gauges.

I am visiting a friend who had a '67 Healey and we just found the gauges in his basement.

miket

Donation Time
Plug it in and try it. It doesn't have to be installed in the dash. Just rest it on the transmission tunnel to test it.