• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

headlight bucket attachment

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi All,
I'm in the process of stripping my Series V for paint & bodywork. I'm about 1/2 done with the car and was taking the headlight buckets out. The buckets in this car are pop riveted in. Is this correct? All my other cars have been attached with screws & nuts, but with as many DPO's as my cars have had, I'm not sure which way is correct. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!
Cheers!
Steve

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I use self-tapping screws which I think is correct. Pop rivets tend to compress and distort the gasket.

Ragg Mopp

Donation Time
Mine were also pop riveted when I did it and I believe that was factory based on the amount of rust present.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the input everyone! I guess they were pop riveted! Now, does anyone know what size rivets they are?
Thanks again!
Steve

malcolmmuirhead

Donation Time
Thanks for the input everyone! I guess they were pop riveted! Now, does anyone know what size rivets they are?
Thanks again!
Steve

have the parts manual and there is no mention of pop rivets but mentions srew number 10 unf x 7/16 headlamp to wing [fender]x6.my series 3 also had pop rivets.

mikephillips

Donation Time
3/16 by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch is what I recall using. You can get them in stainless maybe locally to you, or on the web.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks again guys! Nice to know that something on the car was original!
Cheers!
Steve