• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Headers For Sale

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
After a lot of consideration I have decided to sell the headers I bought from Bill due to the alterations needed for my car. These headers are built with awesome quality and I am very dissapointed that I am not going to have them on my car. I want to sell them for what I paid for them. $375.00. They are ready to ship ASAP if you want a nice header for your car. Please read the post in the forum about these headers before you buy this one to make sure it will fit your car.

Here is a picture of them with an old manifold I was sizing them up to.

I hope to get a buyer here and avoid Ebay on these.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Ken, I just emptied the PM box. Shoot me a PM and it will go through now. If you are interested in the headers I have sold them. If you have a general question about them I'll be happy to answer it.

Cheers,
Todd - not BIll lol

atallamcs

Donation Time
headers

Hi Todd,
I am glad you sold the header. It is a very nice piece and I am sorry they did not fit, that was news to me. For those out there with series IV or V, I have another header (new) waiting for someone.
Bill
atallamcs@aol.com

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Oops...

Well, the whole 4 paragraph private message I wrote you is now, apparently, gone. But the good news is, I got your name right in the PM.

But, knowing the headers are gone makes it a moot point, anyway.

I will pose a question, however. The headers I have are from a SIII, (engine size unverified, however.) The plate that mates up to the head is about 1/4" or 3/8" -- nowhere near the cast iron exhaust manifold thickness of 3/4" or better. When offered up next to the intake manifold (on my 1725), the bolts shared between the two manifolds obviously do not bear at all on the header. Are spacers commonly used under the bolt/washer? Or, is it a full-width spacer that goes under the whole header plate? Or even worse, is a fabricated intake manifold also required, with the same thickness plate?

My intuition says choice number one, but I've never scoped it out on anyone else's car. I did not install or remove the headers from the donor car, so I missed seeing that detail.

Comments?

Ken