• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Head mount motor mounts for SB Ford V8

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I have a set of these I may try in the Sunbeam. From a previous install in a Jeep. Can't remember if they were JC Whitney or Trans-Dapt. Picture is in a Volvo, but same mounts.

Volvo Jeep mounts.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim, That engine bay reminds me of my '63 P1800 Volvo Coupe..... That is a very tight fit. Makes me know for sure I will not attempt a V8. I do have the original B18 rebuilt w/less than 20K od tranny all matching numbers. Could use a windshield, mines is cracked.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan, Send your pics and information to Curtis on BritishV8 and he could do an article on your Sunbeam. A lot of the guys here should as there are not enough Sunbeams on that site.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jim, That engine bay reminds me of my '63 P1800 Volvo Coupe..... That is a very tight fit. Makes me know for sure I will not attempt a V8. I do have the original B18 rebuilt w/less than 20K od tranny all matching numbers. Could use a windshield, mines is cracked.
Dan, quite a few guys have done v8 p1800s.. My personal favorite are the ones with the volvo xc90 v8s ( keep it the family.. And its all alloy ohc)
Also polestar and others have used modern volvo 4cyl turbos.... Also very cool

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
modern volvo 4cyl turbos.

I purchased a '79 4cyl with only 28,000 miles (complete w/ a/c and 4 sp OD tranny) for the Coupe back in '81. Hoping to get it installed one day.

Things came up and it went to the back burner. Looking strongly now of restoration with Lou's help.