• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Head Lights

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
One of my head lights has gone out and I need a replacement. Sunbeam Specialties has a Lucas tri pod for $90! Surely there is a sealed beam or plug and play for a lot cheaper than that. I don't drive the car at night and have no interest or skill in adding relays and such to handle a more powerful light and strain my wiring. Any places I can go? I don'y know if Triumph or MG lights would fit or not.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Go to Walmart. Get a halogen sealed beam. H6024 I believe is the number. Get 2, then they will both have a same brightness. They are inexpensive.

alpine_64

Donation Time
There are a multitude of replacement 7" sealed beam headlight units. From repro lucas to hella, wipac and heaps between.

Best to make sure you get one with the same dome on the lens. The halogen lights tend to have a flatter dome... But are a good upgrade for brightness

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
WHAT is the first rule of working with British car electrics??? CHECK THE FLIPPING GROUND!
Oh well, I now have a spare set of headlights.
Say Goodnight Gracie.
Good night George!

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tracy, First step when headlights don't work is see if the High Beam works. That will verify the ground. Did you buy Halogen ones? If so might still be worth installing. That would at least feel a bit better!

Tom

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
  • The really sad thing is I know that. Drove around High School for a year with my brights on thinking I could fool the cops! I think I was so buried in getting car running fight I just didn't think! Good to hear from you! Have a Merry Christmas!