• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Head Light Trim Rings

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
How does one attach the trim rings? The ones I've got have a countersunk hole on the bottom side that aligns with a curved spring clip sort of do-hickey on the car. The top of the ring is held secure, but the spring clip doesn't really clip on to anything on the ring. Am I missing some hardware?

Thanks,

Andy

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
On the late cars, they had push-on headlight rings. I don't think they worked well. I'm sure a hole could be drilled to thread a screw.

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the tips. Yesterday I placed an order with Moss Motors for a couple of clips.

Andy

mikephillips

Donation Time
The late non peaked set I have at home have the clip like the later peaked type does. I've changed then to screw on for actual use though.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Did those come off an Alpine or the Rapier? I know mine came off my SV Alpine. I bought it with relatively low miles in completely stock condition 29 years ago. But, I was not the original owner so I won't swear that they were not changed before I got it.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Don't know. I got them from the Wally Swift collection when they cleaned out after his death. They were loose, not boxed so no part number.