• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Has eBay become weirder???

dmich2

Donation Time
So as my normal routine in surfing includes a visit to eBay and a Sunbeam search, today it pops up with a new user agreement. I scroll down and hit the accept button ( who reads all that anyway..:p) and type in my normal search "Sunbeam.....eBay motors" Up pops all kinds of metal signs and crap that has nothing to do with Sunbeam. I don't see sunbeam anywhere in the ads to "key" the search. Think I'll write eBay also and inquire. Just think its crap. I also surf for 2.8 V6 stuff a lot and have found sellers putting in their ads "fits 2.8 V6" when it doesn't . :mad:

That's my rant for the day.......

dmich2

Donation Time
:eek: As Rosanna Rosanna Danna would say. Never mind. Just went back and found sunbeam hidden in the text of the sign ads.....sorry. Too early in the morning I guess.

Can the webmaster delete this string??

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
PayPal renamed Backsie

Paypal will be extending the time to file a claim for w/e to 180 days from the current 45.

So a buyer can say back out of a deal or hold up funds virtually at any whim.

If it's not bad enough the local pick up types com out and try to re do the deal now nearly 6 months to record keep. I wonder if USPS and other tracking is active for that long..

Alpine66

Donation Time
Yes eBay is weirder. Not liking it much . do a google search for parts and eBay pops up with"results" that have nothing to do with your search. Vehicles aren't getting a lot of bids and buys, used to.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes eBay is weirder. Not liking it much . do a google search for parts and eBay pops up with"results" that have nothing to do with your search. Vehicles aren't getting a lot of bids and buys, used to.
While I think that Ebay has degraded (very difficult to find items of interest due to spam type listings), I think the lack of sales is due to the high reserves buyers are placing. After a car is listed a dozen times and tops out at ten grand each time, the seller needs to face reality: He has a $10,000 car, not a $15,000 car.

Bill

Alpine66

Donation Time
While I think that Ebay has degraded (very difficult to find items of interest due to spam type listings), I think the lack of sales is due to the high reserves buyers are placing. After a car is listed a dozen times and tops out at ten grand each time, the seller needs to face reality: He has a $10,000 car, not a $15,000 car.

Bill

I agree the overpricing (you should see Atlanta craigslist, its worse) is a component, but many priced well vehicles don't sell there.
I'll use it for car parts but only because that part of it is still somewhat robust.