• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Tiger

atallamcs

Donation Time
Anyone know the owner of the Blue Harrington Tiger. I believe it sold at auction and ended up in Washington State. I would like to connect with the "new" owners.
Bill Atalla

alpine_64

Donation Time
Anyone know the owner of the Blue Harrington Tiger. I believe it sold at auction and ended up in Washington State. I would like to connect with the "new" owners.
Bill Atalla

Bill I think they sold it to canada in the earlier 2000's? maybe around 2004-05.. did it move on from then? or am i just remembering wrong?

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

that's not the harrington tiger. isn't this one that was built in the UK in the 80's?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I haven't heard about the one-and-only Harrington Tiger ending up here in Washington State. Could you might be thinking of the D Series (Series IV-based) Harrington Alpine, owned by Buell Ish of Carnation, Wash? It's pretty much identical in appearance to the Harrington Tiger.

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
FYI, I saw the test mule in Sonoma at the Shelby Club Mini Nats this year.

Was that the test mule of the Lister Tiger.If so it was rebodied by Brian Lister to match the 2 he built that ran in the 64 Lemans.
That was after the Lemans.Dick Barker owned it for quite a while.It did not have the side air intakes to the cabin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Is this the same car?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C264796

Kim
Series III
Tiger I & II

I dont know what that car is less of.. a harrington or a tiger.. and as for MKII Tiger claims...yikes(they even list it as a '65)!

I wonder what the base of the car is.. a MKI Tiger thats had a S3 Alpine rear grafted onto it.. or a Series 3 Alpine thats had the Tiger front and tunnel put in it... than a Harrington top inserted..

That said makes for an interesting car.. but its not a harrington tiger.. and doesnt appear to be MKII Tiger either... i wonder what the story behind it is? There was a gold coloured finned Harrington/Tiger conversion in the UK mags back in 2007.

Also this car has wires (and hevaily flared front lips) its interesting it has the elite style bolt on wire wheels, a tiger here uses those.. but you have to be careful how much right foot you use.

Thanks for posting the link.. certinaly an interesting amalgamation of sunbeams.

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

was this one of the UK cars that was at suni 1? i need to get out the photo album and check. i took photos of all of the cars. i also have photos of my harrington and the harrington tiger ( better know as harry ) parked together at suni 2 . tiger tom,wally swift, and a couple others went to california and did a partial restoration and detailing of the tiger prior to it's appearance at pebble beach many years ago. there were photos of the work in the TE/AE news letter of that time.

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

i posted a photo of a series 3 alpine that has had a tiger conversion done to it along with a harrington top with sunroof. this car was at SUNI 1 and was shipped over to the east coast and driven to snowmass,colorado. i remember a gold one also but haven't found that photo yet. i'm thinking one of the owners may have had the name of peter mathews. anybody remember better than me after 22 years? i also found a photo of HARRY at SUNI 1 and i'll post it later. http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt142/65beam/

texastigert

Donation Time
Suni

Attached is a few pictures when I got the privilage of driving Bill's Tiger to Eureka, Calif. for SUNI- First event Bill decided to drive his one and only Tiger. What memories!!! and in memory of our late friend, Bill. Thanks, Tim

Attachments

• 05480231.jpg
    05480231.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 40
  • 05480234.jpg
    05480234.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 05480215.jpg
    05480215.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 05480189.jpg
    05480189.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 05480248.jpg
    05480248.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 44

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

tim,
where were these photos taken? they aren't from suni 1 or 2. suni 1 was snow mass, colorado and suni 2 was lake geneva wisconsin. i never saw the car at a suni after that.

texastigert

Donation Time
Harry!

These pictures were taken at Eureka , California - Oct. 1997.

Attachments

• 05480237.jpg
    05480237.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 05480233.jpg
    05480233.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 05480245.jpg
    05480245.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 29