• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington on E-Bay

Jim E

Donation Time
Interesting looks like it was white maybe the only LeMans I have seen with out wires

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Without wires

Hi Jim,
Have a look at harringtonalpine.org and you will find more than ten Le Mans without wirewheels.
Cheers
Jan

Tullamore

Donation Time
Holy cow how could it sell for just £1,020.00 I would have paid a lot more than that if it was on this side of the ocean. (if you have one you want to sell me let me know ;) )

64beam

Donation Time
Holy cow how could it sell for just £1,020.00 I would have paid a lot more than that if it was on this side of the ocean. (if you have one you want to sell me let me know ;) )

Definately the way to get a cheap bit of history. It would be worth shipping it if the seller would ship worldwide. I wonder how much more the price will rise?

A

AlpineIan

Jan Servaites has a decent LeMans that he may be wanting to sell. I need to fix his gearbox... it has a broken detent spring... it will be at the Invasion.

Ian

64beam

Donation Time
What a bargain :eek: . Still a bit of work to get it finished, but worth it.

Regards, Robin.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington

I know of this car--it is a one owner car, not too many of those around. It has been in California its entire life. Yes, restoration is needed but what a great way to start.

Bill Atalla

Jim E

Donation Time
You'all may hate me for this but I would love to do a V8/Tiger type conversion to one of the LM cars....all alloy engine and a 5 speed.

Tullamore

Donation Time
You'all may hate me for this but I would love to do a V8/Tiger type conversion to one of the LM cars....all alloy engine and a 5 speed.

There was at least one Harrington Tiger built (for some reason I thought I remembered seeing an old picture of three of thee of them together in an old SAAC or Tiger Tails newsletter), but it was not an LM.

2548-2.jpg

Jim E

Donation Time
Yeah a fin car would be nicer even a later series with fins but the LM cars are a little easier to lay hands on... that is... until I mentioned this thought...

Actually a turbo V6 conversion would be nice also....

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

remember jim that with the LeMans ,you're only dealing with part of the original body.you have the nose,the doors,floor pan and the B post with a very small section of the rear wings. i have always wondered what a V8 would do to the body. even though we did some work on the top of my red car a few years ago,stress cracks are beginning to show again.most of the wood frame that secures the top to the body is plywood.how much horsepower could they take before they twist ?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Forget the Harrington Tiger - give me that burgundy 1956 Continental Mark II in the background of the picture - one of my all time favorites!

Hand built, and $10,000 retail when new.

suvacrew

Donation Time
Boulder creek is definitely in CA, but I would be curious as to any rust.
It's in the Santa Cruz mountains, an area prone to copious amounts of moisture, from rain, fog, salt primed ocean breezes and an on avg higher humidity.
It's a beaut, but may need a good poke through to test the integrity.
Good luck to the buyer.
Kia kaha