• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington in Saratoga, Calif.

joel harris

Donation Time
Gentleman,

This is Joel in Saratoga. I just got the Le Mans I home that I picked up in Socal 2 years ago. It has been owned by the same gent since 1964 (2nd owner)

Is there anyone in San Jose area who owns one? I would welcome the opportunity to look another one over and get some feedback.

I am having a issue getting the image small enough to post but will as soon as I figure it out.

Joel

joel harris

Donation Time
Photo

Carnival Red, #B9115928 well used but largely intact. Missing a few original items, the RH fender was replaced so the spear left with the damaged fender in the 70's

Attachments

• Harrington.jpeg
    Harrington.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 122

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
It is good to hear that another Harrington has been rescued! How long has it been since it was last on the road? Please post plenty of as found photos and be careful to preserve the original parts-they are hard to find.
Eric

joel harris

Donation Time
The last tags are 2004, the PO said he parked it because the starter went west and he didn't want to hassle with it. I will crawl over this vehicle and document it well. Naturally it has good and bad, I will get some shots posted and throw a few question out there. The big items missing seem to be the original seats, door panels and 2 pieces of trim. The steering wheel broke years ago but he saved the center emblem and the hub seems like it may the stock unit.
He said the original owner was an Airman stationed in England who had it shipped home to Calif. He promptly got it repossessed by the credit union and the 2nd owner bought it from the C. Union in 64 and had it until Sat.

Last edited:

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
If it was bought in UK, do you know if it has been converted to LHD? What are the suffix letters after the VIN, LRX or HRO? Has it an OD?

Last edited:

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Joel

So the car was made for export to U.S. To make the line complete in the registry it would be nice to get the paint code (on the VIN plate), bodynumber and license number. I found your car many years ago in an old registry run by the auther Richard Langworth who also owned a Le Mans.