• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington D @ Carlisle

65beam

Donation Time
100_0298.JPG Found this photo of Rick Kellett's D type Harrington. This was taken at the TE/AE bash at the Carlisle Import several years ago.

65beam

Donation Time
Rick brought it to the states when he moved here a number of years ago. He had a LeMans but the Ex got it and I've heard that it may have had another owner or two since then. I haven't talked to any of the guys in the D.C. area since last summer and Rick's health had turned for the worse so I don't know what his son has done with this car. We were in Pittsburgh a few years back when he was still vintage racing and while we were eating breakfast he offered to sell this car to me. Probably should have bought it but we were in the middle of another project.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Would have bought it instantly. How often does a D-type come up for sale ? On the other hand I well understand about too many projects burdens...

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Buel Ish and his Harrington D-type. Bernd, now we can count 2 out of 15 made reside in the US.

upload_2020-3-25_16-26-20.png
Three Harringtons at ABFM in Washington State.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Cool, another nice picture. Looks like a Harrington Meeting @ Washington State.
I once bought a D-type partial interior in UK and was told it originally came from one of the Chris McGovern cars. Not sure whether he had one but sold it back to UK to another D-type owner who passed it on to somebody who just has a roof. One of the interesting D-type features is the foldable armrest integrated into the rear seat rest .The rest is also foldable like on the HLM. It goes too far here but there are further notable differences though...

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
My car is coming out of body and paint shortly. Still missing one side spear and both of the very rear drop down trim pieces that look like hockey sticks. Pipe dream to find them anywhere? If so we have a fabricator out here in So. Cal. It won't be cheap but I have no pattern for the hockey stick (I have one of the spear trims. Any ideas folks? If I make them I will make other sets as well. No idea on cost right now but if anyone has them, let m know. Cheers- Bert Bennett. So Cal

cdk84

Donation Time
Looks like a Very Healthy Sunbeam community in the Pacific Northwest. Congratulations! I will have to attend ABFM one day.

My brother is always there with Land Rovers from Dare Enterprises. He and his shop do excellent work and he very commonly takes home trophies in his class. ( That's an honest appraisal: he may be my brother but if he didn't do good work, I wouldn't make noise about him and his business. It used to be called British Land Rover Northwest, but Jaguar Land Rover made a stink about the name. They shouldn't have: he was one of the people who kept hundreds of Landies on the road, having started his business in the late '60s, when he was still Back East. )

Look forward to meeting you Northwest 'Beamers when we've all been vaccinated.

Cheers,

David

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like a Very Healthy Sunbeam community in the Pacific Northwest. Congratulations! I will have to attend ABFM one day.

My brother is always there with Land Rovers from Dare Enterprises. He and his shop do excellent work and he very commonly takes home trophies in his class. ( That's an honest appraisal: he may be my brother but if he didn't do good work, I wouldn't make noise about him and his business. It used to be called British Land Rover Northwest, but Jaguar Land Rover made a stink about the name. They shouldn't have: he was one of the people who kept hundreds of Landies on the road, having started his business in the late '60s, when he was still Back East. )

Look forward to meeting you Northwest 'Beamers when we've all been vaccinated.

Cheers,

David

Hopefully, I will be able to join the September, 2021 SUNI event in Kansas City with my Promotional Harrington Le Mans. I'm sure there will be more Pacific Tiger Club members joining the adventure.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We hope to get many Harringtons to attend SUNI this year-the 60th anniversary of the first one built!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is what the president of TE/AE posted a few days ago on the CAT site:

"Reps from the six US Rootes clubs met via web conference a few weeks ago. Although COVID is still a concern we continue to plan for a Sep 13-17 2021 event. Host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn Independence, MO. Room rate will be $109.00. We are hoping to open Registration around Apr 1st. We will continue to assess the COVID situation going forward. We are committed to holding an event that is safe for all. Come June we will need to start committing $$$$, so harder decisions will be made at that time. We can cancel and postpone to 2022 anytime before Aug 14, 2021."