• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop Question

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
No. Not even close. Different windshield frames, doorglass, sidemounts, etc.
I do think the early tops look much nicer than the later ones-and they don't rust!! Eric

alpine_64

Donation Time
No. Not even close. Different windshield frames, doorglass, sidemounts, etc.
I do think the early tops look much nicer than the later ones-and they don't rust!! Eric

Eric.. they do look better, but dont have the ventilation and they also do get sress fractures near the b-post mounts,

You can fit a early top on a late car.. but.. you have ot change windsheilds, side glass (and likely the doors) also, the cars ive seen do it.. a SV alpine and a tiger no longer have a soft top.

65beam

Donation Time
hardtop

eric is right about not rusting, but one of my tops has broken at the b- post on the driver side.