• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop parts

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Series III-V hardtop bows were being reproduced and sold on eBay for about $80/set plus shipping but instead of mild steel they were stainless. Buyer feedback was positive but two guys I spoke with were dissatisfied and contacted me for originals. I don't remember seeing them for quite some time and a quick check shows no current eBay offerings or recently-completed listings. Maybe they're NLA.
That said, I have a perfect set that are rust free with the correct 4 differing lengths. PM me if interested. All other late HT bits available, too.
Mark ….. volvoguys

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jeff H. in the UK sells a lot of hardtop parts. Apparently the shell rusts away leaving good bits.
Ryal64 on eBay is a good seller. Considering he has been selling several Sunbeam bits for 7 to 8 years I know of maybe a little Q.C. issue may come up.

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry, but I have no HT bows for the early Series Cars and to the best of my knowledge they are not being reproduced.
Mark ….. volvoguys

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a set of bows you can copy from a series 2. I think they would be easy to make. Mine are out and sandblasted, I am in the middle of rebuilding my hardtop.

Cali_59

Donation Time
When I receive the tracings for the S 1-2 HT bows, I will have my brother, who is very versed in Cad reproduction and fabrication, convert them to a engineering diagram for reproduction.
After which post them on the Forum.
Feels like I have been looking for these bows for 10 years +