• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop parts

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hardtop Parts??

Hope you have some luck in obtaining what you need!

I too, need the Hardtop bows!

If you have any luck please let me know.

Just wondering if any one would post the dimensions and shape of them?

A patern would be great. Then perhaps I could make me some.

Thanks,

DanR

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Mine are out and accessible. It will be Sunday before I can address the issue, though. Are you looking for full-sized tracings, or mathematical formulas to graph resultant parabolic sections? :eek:

atallamcs

Donation Time
Window Toggles

Have the left and right window toggles, one very nice, one needs plating.
$155 includes shipping in US.
Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hardtop Parts ???

Mine are out and accessible. It will be Sunday before I can address the issue, though. Are you looking for full-sized tracings, or mathematical formulas to graph resultant parabolic sections? :eek:

Ken, I would appreciate "anything" that will help me procure or manufacture the Bows.

I'm assuming they must be made of spring steel!

Are they round or flat? Pictures would also be helpful.

Unfortunately, mine were torn out apparently before I obtained my car so I have no idea what htey look like or how they are made or even the material out of which they are made.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

DanR

claf

Donation Time
bows

I have a set of four hardtop bows. There are at least two different ones in the set, it's possible they are all slightly different from each other. I'm guessing they are approx 1/16" in dia, maybe a little larger and have a round cross section. Not really interested in selling but I would swap for an excellent, used soft top. Bob

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
They're made of a hard steel rod, about .130, but not true spring steel. Each is slightly different in length and contour, and they have a paint color code on the very end.

I'll see if kinkos has a scanner large enough for a full size PDF scan, which could probably be printed out at home and stitched together, or printed/plotted full size if needed. I'd throw a yardstick/ruler in for reference in each direction.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Hard top window toggles

SOLD. I will have another pair which is coming out of the chrome shop in a few weeks. Interested parties please contact me directly.
Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
They're made of a hard steel rod, about .130, but not true spring steel. Each is slightly different in length and contour, and they have a paint color code on the very end.

I'll see if kinkos has a scanner large enough for a full size PDF scan, which could probably be printed out at home and stitched together, or printed/plotted full size if needed. I'd throw a yardstick/ruler in for reference in each direction.
Ken, I appreciate your efforts! Looking forward to what you can provide. Tell me what it will cost so that I can re-imburse you!

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
HDTOP parts follow-up

Ken, Not to bother you but if you can follow thru with your suggestion I'd appreciate it greatly.

Can you also provide any spec's on the factory installation of the hard top.

What is included other than the Bows?

Thanks,

DanR:)

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Dan, I've found no big scanners at FedEx/Kinkos so far. It's looking like a hi-res photo of bows + yardsticks is all I'll be able to come up with. PM me your email, and I'll send you some shots.

Ken

Ed109

Donation Time
I believe I have a full original set of spare hardtop bows from my old SV GT top that got stolen while they were out. Have since sourced a nice original replacement top which I have the immaculate headlining out of while the top is in paint - left the bows in place so I can confirm colour order for fitting.

Will be a couple of weeks before I can get to my parent's garage to dig the spares out so let me know if anyone interested. Can't imagine they will cost much to ship from UK...

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
DanR, do you still need pics? If so, I'll need an email to send 'em.
If you're buying instead of making, that's fine, too.
Just let me know here or in PM...

Thanks!

Cali_59

Donation Time

Hi Ken, full-sized tracings would be brilliant!