• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop Headliner Installation

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
So what do you think about the stuff they sell at Home Depot.
It's basically a foil back roofing membrane. I was also wondering if on the later hardtop it seems like my numbers have gotten messed up. I made the mistake of numbering the headliner rods on masking tape and now they faded so I can't tell which one goes where.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
So what do you think about the stuff they sell at Home Depot.
It's basically a foil back roofing membrane. I was also wondering if on the later hardtop it seems like my numbers have gotten messed up. I made the mistake of numbering the headliner rods on masking tape and now they faded so I can't tell which one goes where.

Warren, I can tell you what colors go where if you have any of the colors left?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't know about the Home Depot stuff, but I used Fatmat on my car. It was less than half the cost of Dynamat, used two layers and there is nothing wrong with it. Still sticking after 10 years. I would be willing to lay this onto a top, heat and press home by hand. It really has a grip.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dan, sure I did find a set with colors so that'd be a help to know what went where. It's a which forum did I see that on in the ol grey matter...

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is what I have on the positions of the Hard Top Bows:

Position in Hard Top

Color Code: Bows:
Blue Front

Red 2nd from front

Green 2nd from rear

Yellow Rear

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mine came out of a rusty hardtop and they all have the same color. I still have to paint my top,
so it'll be a while before I put my headliner in. I never looked at them ( other than to put
them on a shelf) so never noticed that they were different sizes. Does anyone have the size , I
guess it would be length, that corresponds with the colors?
Thanks!
Steve