• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hard Top Fittings

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
I'm looking for the rear hold-down fittings for the factory SIII/IV/V hardtop (that attach it to the trunk hinges). I have one in poor condition, so I'd prefer a pair of good ones or one poor one that I can use in the meantime.

Cheers,
Stuart

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Hardtop fittings

Which side do you need? There seems to be a left and right. I've mixed them up before and the hardtop did not fit right until I reversed them.

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Still looking

I'm still looking for a rear RH hardtop to trunk hinge mount for my SIV.

I'm hoping to attend the Texas All British Car Days in Austin at the end of Sept. As the interior or softop won't be finished I'm trying to get the Hardtop ready instead. I've been working on my SIV on and off for the last 6 years; if I can get her roadworthy in time it'll be the first time in over thirty years she's been on the King's Highway.

I really need this part.. or else I'll have to try to make something :eek:

Thanks,
Stuart

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Stuart, have you had any luck finding the hard Top part you needed?

I read where you had one for one side but did not have the other.

I need a set for a Hard Top that I am atempting to restore.

I have a friend that might be able to make some if I could get one for a sample.

Let me know what you think....

mattinoz

Donation Time
Guys,

I have a pair if you are still looking. I'll post pics if you're interested. Make me an offer if you like. I also a few other bits such as quarter vent latches and quarter vent frames.

Now here's question for the purists. The quarter vent latches have 2 sizes of disc that sit on on the outside of the Perspex and screw through to hold it to the latch. What is the chronology of those sizes?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Guys,

I have a pair if you are still looking. I'll post pics if you're interested. Make me an offer if you like. I also a few other bits such as quarter vent latches and quarter vent frames.

Now here's question for the purists. The quarter vent latches have 2 sizes of disc that sit on on the outside of the Perspex and screw through to hold it to the latch. What is the chronology of those sizes?

Matt,

early cars have the smaller metal buttons on the 1/4 windoes, later have the larger. The theory was that the larger ones might stop the windows from crazing.. they dont

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had a friend make me a set of the large size out of stainless steel to match the originals. Very nice!