• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hard Top Fitting

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I recently fitted the hard top to the Sunbeam last wekend for the first time since my Dad took ownership. The hard top had been sitting in the garage collecting dust, so I fitted it to the car. Everything seemed to sit well other than the left hand side below the window where the side clips are. All of the clips seem to be in the correct position. Did the hard tops ever sit true or do they warp when not fitted?

Regards, Robin.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Robin,

My experience is limited to 4 late-model hardtops, 1 plastic, 3 metal; none of them have warped. All have been snug fits, with the windscreen clamps very tight. No issues so far with the side clip area.

Will the clamps & clips pull your hardtop into position?

Allan

mikephillips

Donation Time
The rails under the quarter windows can spring out a bit and as long as the clips are in the correct place using them to pull it in slightly isn't a problem. To minimize this I'd store the hardtop by sitting it on the back edge agains a wall rather than flat with the front on the floor or propped up.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. All of the clips except for the passenger side seem to pull down tight. I might just have to try refitting it again, but they are fairly hard to stuff up fitting-wise.

Regards, Robin.