• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Happy Birthday Sean Connery

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Alpine is not considered a Bond Car because it was not tricked out and issued to Bond. As I recall, it was a very pedestrian rental he picked up upon arrival. But maybe we should abide by Salinte's tag line "Never spoil a good story by sticking to the truth."

Bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The Alpine set the stage for Bond chases for the following 50+ years.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I watched the video again and realized the vehicle chasing Bond is a 1939 LaSalle. I had the coupe version as my 3rd car in 1966. Then I got a MkVII Jaguar, which I cosmetically restored, and the affinity for Anglo-saxon vehicles never left me. My British collection, mostly Sunbeams, now has eleven with 6 parts cars. Upon reflection, I believe it was the inescapable and long lasting impression from my youth watching the first five Bond movies that put the Anglian whammy on me.