• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hallett Press Release - Oklahoma

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
March 16, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Vintage auto racing comes to Hallett, about 40 miles west of Tulsa, on Saturday March 28 and Sunday March 29, with practice on Friday. There will be races for Corvettes, Trans-Am sedans, Formula V and Formula Ford, plus European sports cars like Porsche, MG, Jaguar, Triumph, Alfa Romeo and Fiat. Hallett is a road racing track that simulates the bends and curves of country roads, as opposed to the banked ovals familiar to NASCAR fans. For this race meeting, the track will be run clockwise, which is the opposite of usual practice. This will make it seem like a whole new track and should make for interesting racing! Tickets are available at the gate for $10. Spectators are welcome and are encouraged to bring classic cars. People driving vintage or classic cars will get in for half price.
For more information about Hallett Motor Racing Circuit visit www.hallettracing.net. For more information about CVAR visit www.corinthianvintagerace.com.

ABOUT Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing

CVAR was formed in 1988 to promote racing of classic cars from the fifties, sixties and early seventies. Races are run for sedans and production cars (usually with a 1972 cutoff), as well as open-wheel formula car (some as late as 1980) and sports-racing cars. Eligible cars must be prepared to period standards in accordance with SCCA or FIA rules. There are safety regulations that all cars must meet. CVAR also holds schools for new racing drivers. See our web site for more details.

REMAINDER OF 2009 SCHEDULE

May 15-17 Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur, TX
September 19-20 Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX
October 16-18 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK
November 13-15 Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Bump bump

This weekend October 16-18 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK

Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing

The famous number 8 white Sunbeam Alpine will not be racing :( but it looks like the weather will be nice :)

Donna

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
"Sorry," Donna and to any others who were hoping to see my #8 Alpine on the track this fall. Due to a rather expensive yard and shop project, I'm afraid the ol' Alpine and I are out for at least another year. There's only so much money to go around and this project I've undertaken is seriously tapping my financial resources. I do plan on returning to the tracks once this is done, however, so don't completely give up on me!!!

Take care, Donna,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I know what your talking about!

. ;) Now here is the story, seems Hubby and daughter decided back in 96 to build a swimming pool, so they dug the hole. Now flash forward to 2009 we have a hole dug in the front yard with 15 foot high trees grown around it and frogs and cattails and a 10 foot willow tree in the middle of hole. So in late August the loaned front end loader / backhoe got dropped off. In one weekend all the trees were pushed down except that willow. Hubby lacks a couple of trees out of 12-14 that still need to be sawed up and stacked and that willow tree. Another clitch the chain saw locked up last weekend! Maybe just maybe this weekend he can start digging out the real pond that he wanted. I will admit that I have not helped much since I had nothing to do with digging the pool we meet in 2004. My suggestion was to hire the dozer guy and fill in the hole, problem solved. Ours is not a money issue as much for a time issue, since hubby wants it hands on project and he is just to tight to hire it done. Donna may go too Hallett or a car show and let hubby work on his project, aka real pond. At least something is getting done ever be it slowly. So moral of story if you dig a hole for a pool, finish it or fill it in don’t just leave it be!

Donna
:D

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
MG Club says....

Local MG club was suppose to have a rally this weekend, but well shoot nothing got planned. The advise now is all that want to take a drive to head towards the Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing at Hallett on Saturday. So if any one sees a MG vintage car on the way to Hallett give them a wave!

Donna

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Anyone make it to Hallett?

Well we missed it, had good intentions but since it was cold and overcast we stayed home. Anyone else make it too Hallett?
I did fire up Vicki after 3-weeks Sunday and took a drive around the old neighborhood, some hesitations, and a backfire but once we got all warmed up drove like a champ.

Donna