• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Green machine lives

alpine87fp

Donation Time
This is an FYI for those of you who have been following the racing exploits of our green, S5, vintage racing Alpine. This past weekend, we took the car to the Reno-Fernley Raceway for the HMSA Historic races. This was the first outing since blowing the second engine at Phoenix International Raceway in Feb 07.

The car ran flawlessly and impressed many of the racers and spectators alike. At one point, on Sunday, after finishing a 30 minute session, we had about 20 people converge on our pit to check out and ask questions about our car. Seems like not many pay attention to the car until it runs on the track and then it's a different story.

As far as our next race, we are planning on running at the Hastings Motorsports Park, Hastings, Nebraska, over the Labor Day weekend. If any of you can make it, you are welcome in our pit at any time. Previous to that, the race schedule will be determined by work.

We had our usual Bratwurst lunch on Saturday and served 45 brats! The Elkhart Lake, Road America, tradition continues. Roger & Jill

alpine87fp

Donation Time
Green Machine

I forgot to mention that it sure would be nice to have more than just us to show up to run on the track. Come on racers! Let's break the old record set several years ago at Sears Point of four vintage Alpines. Roger

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Roger,

That's great! Glad to hear you are out there running well. Are you going to make it to TU at Big Bear by any chance?

Steve

skywords

Donation Time
Glad to hear your up and racing again. I enjoyed seeing you and Jill at Phoenix Raceway. Your Alpine is magnificent.

All the best

alpine87fp

Donation Time
Steve,

We have a schedule conflict with the TU date this time. We were invited to attend an show our Alpine vintage racer, but I guess it just wasn't in the works. Perhaps another time. It would have been fun!

alpine87fp

Donation Time
Thanks, Rick. As you read, the car drew crowds at RFR. Almost surprising since there were a lot of "fancy" race cars there.

Still looking to hear from some of you Mid-West vintage racers to see if you'll make the trip to Hastings, NB over the Labor Day weekend. It's 800+ miles each way for us and it sure would be good to have some Sunbeam racers &/or fans show up.

Roger

alpine87fp

Donation Time
Hastings Vintage Race

Well, it's time to hook up the trailer and head to Hastings, Neb for the Showboat Grand Prix Vintage races. Jill and I will have our Sunbeam Alpine #87 there to race and invite you to come out and support us while watching some of the best vintage racers in the West, if not the country. There will be three days of racing starting on Friday, August 29 and running through Sunday, August 31. Don't forget, you have Monday off, because it's Labor Day.

Hope to see you there!

Roger

alpine87fp

Donation Time
We're back from our weekend of vintage racing at Motorsports Park Hastings. The weekend (three days of racing) was super. The car ran well with only minor problems and the driver did pretty well also. On Sunday we finished 20th overall and 7th in class. That may not sound too good, but we were running in 8th position (29 in the group) when I missed my brake point for a turn and ran off the track. By the time I was waved back on by the corner workers and made the mandatory stop in Hot Tech, I didn't have time to regain positions. Don & Erika, local Sunbeamers, were at the track every day to cheer us on and offer assistance when I needed it. Thanks.