• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Greater Atlanta and Southeast Get together

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Folks, Looking for participants for a Rootes Vehicle drive in. After the Old Norcross British Car Fayre on Sept. 11, we will caravan to "The Ranch" (aka our house) in Lilburn, and enjoy an afternoon of smoked BBQ and all the extras.
So far we've got less than 10 folks :( This is another early invite so you can make plans to attend. If you know other Rootes owners that may not be forum members please pass this on to them.
As always please let me know if you plan to attend.

Happy Motoring, Tom j

Shameless plug to keep this active

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
At this point I haven't got the ok from the doctor to drive yet. If nothing else I'll drive the Buick and at least I'll enjoy the best part, "the People" and then comes the food. YES, If it's anything like the last time
at the Ranch where we had the best RIBS ever. You're great Tom. :D

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The wife and I would like to stop by. We'll take a detour on our way to Fort Payne. Is ther room for me to park my RV?

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
The wife and I would like to stop by. We'll take a detour on our way to Fort Payne. Is ther room for me to park my RV?

Sure is Mike, If your stopping at the show you'll need to walk a block or two, if your coming to the cook out we have an R V parking spot (although it's not completely level).

Tom j

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, we plan to do both. Figure we'll hit an RV park Friday, go to the show and attend the BBQ Saturday, then head on to Fort Payne, Sunday morning. Do we need to bring anything?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry something's come up and we will have to cancel out. Thanks for the invite though. Maybe next time.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike thanks for letting us know, we'll be doing it again maybe early spring and a bit closer to you.

Tom j

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
We're still on for a cook out after the Old Town Norcross Show on the 11th of September, come on by.

Tom j

britbeam

Donation Time
Still planing on being there. I started a new job but it doesnt require saturday work.Sure hope the weather cools downs soon.
Dwain V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Hey guys 3 days to Norcross . Whos going? Have you registered? This is always a nice time with some great looking cars.
See you there.
Dwain V6 Krazy

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey guys 3 days to Norcross . Whos going? Have you registered? This is always a nice time with some great looking cars.
See you there.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Hi Dwain,

Haven't registered (yet) but hope to get there about opening time or soon thereafter. It looks like the show runs from 10 to 3.

I've heard a lot about your V6 but never got to see it much and look forward to that.

Allan

britbeam

Donation Time
For those of you that didnt make to Norcross you were missed. We had 2 Tigers,2 Alpines. Alan had his recent Barn Find Tiger there and that car has some great potiential. It sounds good right out of the Barn(ofcourse Alan has had his hands on it to get it to the running stage) Good work Alan. If you werent there then you missed the party over at Tom & susan Johnsons. But that was just more of Toms famous ribs for us. Tom & Susan are great host and always make us feel at home. Looking forward to the SOS and seeing all of you guys.
Dwain V6 Krazy

sd_pace

Donation Time
Yea! Thanks for the smoked BBQ & beer ... it was a good cookout.. sorry I couldnt make the show though
sp

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks guys, It was our pleasure to have you all over.
That Norcross show is getting bigger every year, They sure had some REALLY nice Jags there.

Tom j

britbeam

Donation Time
OK the SOS is here and hope to see all you guys in Columbia saturday. Drivem, dragem whatever just be there. Allan Ballard and I are meeting on I-20 at the Conyers Hwy 138 exit at Waffle house if anyone wants to join us to drive to Columbia. Meet us at 6:30 am saturday Oct 2nd for breakfast and then head out to the SOS .
Dwain V6 Krazy

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I'll be getting on I-20 at Exit 130 Greensboro/Eatonton, Saturday morning, I plan to leave home around 5-6 AM, you all might see me out there. I'll be trailering the red Alpine. If we don't see each other on I-20 we'll see you at Lake Weston. Have a safe trip.:D

britbeam

Donation Time
We will be at Waffle house long enough to have breakfast so maybe 7:30 back on the road. Will watch for you
Dwain V6 Krazy