• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Grandfathers birthday coming up, any gift ideas?

JH

Donation Time
Hello Sunbeam forum,

I have to praise the internet these days giving so much option and making life a lot easier! Thanks for the add

As you guys can see from the title it's my Grandfather's birthday coming up. This year I'm wanting to get him something special but I am just terrible when it comes to things like this. The best I have found when searching are Sunbeam tiger engine parts for sale not really any merchandise or present like item. I'm hoping you guys are a little better and can give me some good ideas!

Little about my grandfather. He's going to be turning 67 this year and he is still going strong like he when he was 21! HE's obviously got a Sunbeam Tiger but I'm not too sure on the specifics all I know is he drives everywhere in it and then every weekend he will be in that garage working on it, keeping his "Girl" in pristine condition.

So what are your thoughts?? Ideas?? suggestions??? I'm open to all guys. I'm sure your imaginations will run a little further than mine. Looking forward to speaking with you all

Cheers

Just an example image I don't actually have one of his.. sorry
sunbeamtiger.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
The sunbeam tiger owners association ( stoa) and Californian asociation of tigers (cat) both have tiger merchandise.. Hats jackets etc... Try contacting them. For cat you probably need to be a member to purchase.. But your grandfather may be.. So they might let you buy under his name.

JH

Donation Time
That's not a bad idea. I will go visit my grandfather this weekend and see if he is signed up already, if not, it might be a good idea to get him signed up...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Book of Norman, if you can find one. Google will want you to look at Book of Mormon links, of course. But worth looking for if you've got some spare cash, and if there's a copy that happens to be for sale at the moment. (Out of print.)

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Book of Norman is a book about Sunbeam Tigers.

Book of Mormon is a religious text and the title of a Broadway musical.

It's also what Google thinks you meant to type when you typed in what you really want to find. It goes so far as to show you results for the topic you didn't type in, and makes you click again to find what you typed correctly in the first place.

It's their idea of "helping".

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
A copy of the Book of Norman (BON) consistently fetches $1300+ on eBay. Might be a bit unrealistic a gift depending on your budget.