• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Got one of these?

Limey

Donation Time
If you have this rare suppression early series knock off hammer you're lucky. It's worth about $400 to Maserati owners...
Just a smashed up head with no handle is up for a $100
IMG_2184.JPG

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 21.02.45.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 21.02.45.png
    816.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 21.07.46.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 21.07.46.png
    765.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
That explains the looks. Will you carry it on your Harrington Alpine ? Do you also have the other tools of the kit ?

65beam

Donation Time
The hammer shown is available from VB for $34.00. They show it as being Lead. VB part number9-0620. Moss shows it at $45.00 and call it a zinc alloy.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
So we should buy a few and put them on fleaBay as Maserati hammers?

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It should be more valuable than that considering lumber does not grow on trees anymore it grows on forest products :)
Since you mis splet Mazerati its ok no trademark infridgremt dere :)

Limey

Donation Time
The hammer shown is available from VB for $34.00. They show it as being Lead. VB part number9-0620. Moss shows it at $45.00 and call it a zinc alloy.

Hi 65 Beam

You are referring to the common Thor hammer in the VB catalogue. And although there is no illustration of the lead one do you think it looks like the one on the picture? Do you think I would have posted this if it was about a common Thor hammer??.........,

Also, If I say it's zinc then it is zinc

Limey

Donation Time
It should be more valuable than that considering lumber does not grow on trees anymore it grows on forest products :)
Since you mis splet Mazerati its ok no trademark infridgremt dere :)

?? Bak two Skool Waren...;)
Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 16.18.04.png

Limey

Donation Time
That explains the looks. Will you carry it on your Harrington Alpine ? Do you also have the other tools of the kit ?

I would but the concours judges will mark it down as non-original:rolleyes:

I have enough tools to make about 7, 100 point tool rolls and enough for 1 late series one. (keep an eye on ebay UK for the next few weeks as I'm have a partial clear out;))

65beam

Donation Time
Hi 65 Beam

You are referring to the common Thor hammer in the VB catalogue. And although there is no illustration of the lead one do you think it looks like the one on the picture? Do you think I would have posted this if it was about a common Thor hammer??.........,

Also, If I say it's zinc then it is zinc
FYI, This one was bought from VB and is in the trunk of my red Harrington. Does it look the same? The head looks to be the same as does the wood handle. This one has been used a few times. I'll order one from VB and Moss today to see what they're now selling. Keep in mind that VB sometimes don't have any idea what they sell but Moss does. I'll post photos of the current hammers when I receive them. It may take a few weeks due to the holiday.110_1055.JPG 110_1056.JPG

Limey

Donation Time
FYI, This one was bought from VB and is in the trunk of my red Harrington. Does it look the same? The head looks to be the same as does the wood handle. This one has been used a few times. I'll order one from VB and Moss today to see what they're now selling. I'll post photos of the current hammers when I receive them. It may take a few weeks due to the holiday.View attachment 18334 View attachment 18335

That's an original not a repro so you got a good buy there. If VB have anymore I suggest you buy every single one and get them in front of the Maserati and Lambo community before VB wakes up

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
[QUOTE

I have enough tools to make about 7, 100 point tool rolls and enough for 1 late series one. (keep an eye on ebay UK for the next few weeks as I'm have a partial clear out;))

[/QUOTE]
Does it mean Harrington Alpines were delivered w/o tools sets of are you referring to non originality of your bits ?

Will keep watching eBay for your offers. You could also do a straight offer by PM.

P.S. Just got a set of Zenith's back from glass blasting. Think they carry a pair of 130 mains. Will check later...

Limey

Donation Time
[QUOTE

Does it mean Harrington Alpines were delivered w/o tools sets of are you referring to non originality of your bits ?
I think Tool sets were Accessories for all Alpines? No, my parts are spot on but not a lot of people in the UK know about the zinc hammers being correct but rare for early series cars ( you know what I'm like Bernd.:oops:)
Will keep watching eBay for your offers. You could also do a straight offer by PM. Do you need a tool kit?Just let me know what bits your looking for. I can't say I'll have what you need but I'll give you first refusal

P.S. Just got a set of Zenith's back from glass blasting. Think they carry a pair of 130 mains. Will check later...[/QUOTE] Good stuff!
I think I may have found our rare CDW seals. I'll send you a PM with a pic.

Oliver

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
P.S. Checked the Zenith's today and they are 1744's with 142 main jets. Not quite what you specifically need...

65beam

Donation Time
What's the brand name on your hammer?
I think Tool sets were Accessories for all Alpines? No, my parts are spot on but not a lot of people in the UK know about the zinc hammers being correct but rare for early series cars ( you know what I'm like Bernd.:oops:)
Will keep watching eBay for your offers. You could also do a straight offer by PM. Do you need a tool kit?Just let me know what bits your looking for. I can't say I'll have what you need but I'll give you first refusal

P.S. Just got a set of Zenith's back from glass blasting. Think they carry a pair of 130 mains. Will check later...
Good stuff!
I think I may have found our rare CDW seals. I'll send you a PM with a pic.

Oliver
[/QUOTE]
Tool kits were standard equipment in all Alpines and Tigers. This photo is one of my Tiger kits I bought107_1150.JPG . This kit was original to a Mk 1 Tiger. A friend bought the Tiger when new in 1965.