• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Got my first Alpine!

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, I finally got my first Alpine (project). It's a Series III ST, built in Sept. '63, titled '64. It's a complete restoration job, but I'm looking forward to it. I got the car from Al Mason from this group. I know there was a flap a while back with another member and Al. I don't know anything about that, but I found Al to be a good guy. Very knowledgeable about Alpines, has a number of cars and lots of parts. If you are looking for something, I'd say give him a try. He couldn't expect to be anything but honest if he ever expects to sell anything to others in the group (or their friends, etc.) My thoughts anyway.

Now starts all of the questions (one of many to come I'm sure)! Suggestions on the best service manual(s) and where to get them?

Thanks - I look forward to learning from all of you!

Mike

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Congratulations! I had about given up hope you were ever going to find "the" car.

Let me be the first to ask, will it be ready for Invasion XI? Or, as the kids put it, "Are we there, yet?"

Bill

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Mike,

I can't believe it either, way to take the leap. I'm very happy for you! S3 even, big fins and big trunk, best of both worlds by some opinions.

How about some pics!!!

-Todd

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Guys,

Thanks for all the comments.

Bill - how many years down the road is Invasion XI? If we are on V, then maybe.

Todd - I think this will be a good project. There is a lot to do, but the body and frame look solid. After a lot of looking, the SIII became my top choice and Al had one to sell - I think it worked out pretty well. I'll try to get some pics posted, if I can figure out how.

Dwain - Yes I have a top, but I don't really know what shape it's in. Other than getting the car home and it and all the pieces put in the garage, I haven't had a chance to look over everything. The new garage doesn't have electric or heat yet (spring project).

Mike

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Pictures of the SIII

See attached pictures - hopefully it worked, I haven't done it before.

Mike

Attachments

• 100_2202.JPG
    100_2202.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_2203.JPG
    100_2203.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_2206.JPG
    100_2206.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 57

agmason54

Donation Time
Got my first Alpine

Mike!
Of all the Alpines that have sat in my 93 year old mothers yard she has decided that your new SIII was 'cute' and that I should not have sold it.
I tried to explain to her that since you built a garage for it I feel that YOU the new owner are more than worthy of owning this car. I would not sell a Sunbeam to just anyone.
I was even more impressed that you still even wanted an Alpine when WAR PONY refused to fire up after being shoved down a hill by one man and two boys!(Mike&sons).Hopefully you can drive down and show it to my mother someday.
In other words I'm glad you are the new owner.

Later...
Agm

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Al,

The boys really enjoyed going for a ride in the War Pony, and I certainly enjoyed taking it for a spin. It sure was easier to push with the emergency brake off!

Mike