• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'Goose neck' twin-weber intake manifold

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Which intake manifold should I use to fit my 40 DCOE webers to my SIV? I was planning to modify a Holbay intake to suit.. but it won't clear the steering box without major surgery

Cheers,
Stuart

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you are talking about a LHD alpine you will need a warnerford or redline "gooseneck" manifold. The warnerfords have been out of production for a while.. the redline ones were done again in Australia in 2003.. not suer they have stock left.. some people of the board bought some spares.. so try a wanted ad.

Otherwise The weber man has a very short runner intake that mightt fit.. and maybe try peirce manifolds.

Armand4

Donation Time
Pierce Manifolds lists manifolds to fit 40 or 45mm DCOEs to Alpines in their catalog. I've been pleased with their service, and I've never heard anyone else complain about their products, but I've never seen the manifold itself and can't give you any details beyond what it has on the website: http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Catalogpages/sunbeam.htm
I've heard that putting Webers on a left-hand-drive Alpine can get rather unpleasant. Besides the steering boxes, I've heard that master cylinders can get in the way, too.

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Thanks for the info guys. I was going to modify the braking system anyway and use a different master cylinder. I have also countersunk the bolts on the steering box lid to give a little more clearance. I'd like to keep the body to wheelwell brace if possible. Bill Atalla has come up with a neat solution on his Harrington. Does anyone know what manifold and master cylinder are on it?.. Bill?

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Bill runs a single weber if I recall correctly. The manifold from Pierce or SS will take some mods to make it fit but it will work,

You will need to make a new/different fender brace and fender mounting point to clear the carbs and filters.

P1000605.jpg

Good luck.

Eric
'62 SerII

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Stuart,

Redline are on the net, so it may be worth sending an email to them. With the dollar value at the moment, it's a good time to buy from us (if they have one that is).

Regards, Robin.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I have found fastroadcars.com to be about half the price of all the US suppliers and they sell the real deal not chinese made stuff at Italian prices like the US guys do.

They ship fast and cheap too.

Eric

'62 SerII

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
I looked at both the Redline and Fastroadcars websites, neither of them have manifolds listed to fit the Alpine, I'll probably have to call them to check. I called Pierce manifolds (they have a listing for the Alpine) and they can supply a Redline intake for $275 plus tax! The very same item is listed on ebay U.K. for 175GBP which is around the same price. I had no idea they would be so pricey. Maybe I'll have to look again at making the Holbay intake I have fit.. unless someone out there has one to sell or trade?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I looked at both the Redline and Fastroadcars websites, neither of them have manifolds listed to fit the Alpine, I'll probably have to call them to check. I called Pierce manifolds (they have a listing for the Alpine) and they can supply a Redline intake for $275 plus tax! The very same item is listed on ebay U.K. for 175GBP which is around the same price. I had no idea they would be so pricey. Maybe I'll have to look again at making the Holbay intake I have fit.. unless someone out there has one to sell or trade?

The redline you are looking for is in australia, not the US.
fastroadcars was offered as a source for weber parts added confusion.

The correct website is here http://www.redlineauto.com.au/contact
They dont list having the inlet, but these were the guys that made the gooseneck intake recently (hardiman that is). I would contact them and see if that intake is still available. Please give us feedback either way as it may help the next person who comes looking.

Peirce Manifolds bought the molds and tooling from TWM, which maked the L-0077 intake for the series alpine. This is NOT a gooseneck manifold, and though it is the best made as far as quality and flow, is also the toughest
to get to avoid the steering box and brake master cyl.

HTH

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Thanks for the info, I will contact Redline in Australia direct and check the price and availability.

When I contacted Pierce I asked if the item they have is a 'gooseneck'. They told me that the one they currently have available is a 'Redline intake'. The part number and dimensions they gave me correlates with the Redline 'gooseneck' product.

The item on ebay U.K. is also a Redline item (you can see the name cast into it) and from the picture and listed dimensions I believe it to be a 'gooseneck' so it looks like they are still being manufactured. I just wish the price was not so steep.

I'll post what I find out from Redline direct

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I have found fastroadcars.com to be about half the price of all the US suppliers and they sell the real deal not chinese made stuff at Italian prices like the US guys do.

They ship fast and cheap too.

Eric

'62 SerII

I've sent a couple inquiry's to fastroadcars abt various parts, also bought a couple of Weber tuning books from him off eBay, but have received no response not even to provide shipping costs so that I can pay for the books.

So I hope he is ok and still in business.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I've sent a couple inquiry's to fastroadcars abt various parts, also bought a couple of Weber tuning books from him off eBay, but have received no response not even to provide shipping costs so that I can pay for the books.

So I hope he is ok and still in business.

That surprises me as they've always been fast and efficient in my experience.

Try him again.

Good luck.