• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gooney Bird Heaven

skywords

Donation Time
Thanks Jose for sending me this link.

These guys really know there stuff and take great care of their DC-3's. Note the really rare DC-3 with the gear doors! What a treat to see one with doors. I would love to go there and see these splended aircraft and meet the people that care for them.

http://www.michaelprophet.com/VVC-airport.html

britbeam

Donation Time
What a beautiful group of DC 3s. First aircraft I ever worked on who knows maybe one of these. Yea thats the first one I have seen with gear doors. brings back some fond memories and I doubt our C-47s ever looked this nice.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Nickodell

Donation Time
There used to be a small airline in Mass., I think it was called Providencetown and Nantucket Airlines, that were operating DC-3s a few years ago. Not sure if they still do. And there are a number of these planes that have been upgraded with modern turboprop engines, giving almost double the power, less noise and greater range.

Anyone who shares the affection for one of these legendary birds can fly in one. If you have a multi-engine PPL you can even fly it from taxi to landing. Another beauty of this is that the DC-3 they use was one of the first, built in 1938!

http://www.thedc-3network.com/flyit.htm

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
To get a feel for even earlier air travel, our family took a ride
in a traveling Ford Tri-Motor a few years back when it made
a stopover at OSU airport. A very fun 20 minute flight.
Wicker seatbacks, too, if I recall...

Ken