• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Goodies from Alpine Innovations

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just received a nice box full of goodies from Alpine Innovations (UK)
Intake, pre-jetted carb, air intake parts, new throttle linkage etc.
Jerome was very easy to work with!
I believe the SAOC is responsible for manufacturing of the parts they sell, so a shout out to them as well!
Package was delivered in two day ( UK to Los Angeles)
Yes I do recommend this seller!
Now I am awaiting to get my engine back..............

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought an intake from Jerome and it was here the next day! Couldn't believe it came
so quickly. Jerome is a pleasure to deal wit too!

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Alpine Innovations are great, you will not be disappointed with the carb and inlet manifold set up. Our cars have never been smoother or faster. We return up to 41mpg (typically around 35mpg) and once you've got the car set up perfectly for your specific car you will not need to touch it again, it just stays in tune. I love the fact that it ticks over with a strong steady beat at around 650 revs then just accelerates away. With other carb set ups the cars have always had to tick over at higher raves, often 'stuttered' when accelerating hard and (with the Strombergs) it was a pain topping up the oil or changing diaphragms.

Tim R

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine Innovations are great, you will not be disappointed with the carb and inlet manifold set up. Our cars have never been smoother or faster. We return up to 41mpg (typically around 35mpg) and once you've got the car set up perfectly for your specific car you will not need to touch it again, it just stays in tune. I love the fact that it ticks over with a strong steady beat at around 650 revs then just accelerates away. With other carb set ups the cars have always had to tick over at higher raves, often 'stuttered' when accelerating hard and (with the Strombergs) it was a pain topping up the oil or changing diaphragms.

Tim R

Tim,

That's Imperial gallons in your MPG figures?

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes. Imperial gallons. I used to refill the Alpine from full at around 280 miles, now I refill at 350 and the car still has fuel in the tanks when I do it.
If I really pushed it I think the car would go somewhere between 370-380miles on a fill up and that is driving normally, not trying to be economical. When I go to visit my son the return trip is 334 miles and includes motorways, town driving, A and B roads. I used to top up when I was down there. Now I go there and back on a tank full and still have plenty of fuel left when I refill at the petrol station near my house.

Tim R