1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Glove box door

Discussion in '"Stock" Alpine' started by 737lindgren, Dec 15, 2020.

1. 737lindgren

737lindgren Bronze Level Sponsor

I like the look of my original 1967 series v dash don't want a wood veneer .
    However, looking for a way to have a door over the glove box that would look original

2. bobbo

bobbo Gold Level Sponsor

Making up a door and hinge ass'y shouldn't bee too difficult. I think matching the dash leatherette may be a tough one.
    you will likely have to try a number of black vinyls from a fabric , or upholstery shop.
    Bob

3. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

Originally, they never had doors and I've never seen one on a black dash. I suppose you could
    fabricate one and recover the whole dash for consistency.
    Cheers!
    Steve

4. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

Instead of trying to make it match, which is unlikely, how about making it compliment in a period-appropriate manner? Maybe make it wrinkle finish black, brushed stainless, or smoked plexiglass?

5. 737lindgren

737lindgren Bronze Level Sponsor

I think I've decided to just stay with original dash its in perfect condition