• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Girling caliper types

Limey

Donation Time
Sorry if we have been here before..SII brake caliper types

I have been offered a nice set of Girling Type 16P calipers. BUT I thought Only Type 16 (no P) were fitted to the SII. I have compared both units closely and can see absolutely no difference.

Before I hand over my hard earned, am I OK to fit 16Ps??

Thanks

Oliver

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Quick way to check-measure the two mounting holes width. The S2 calipers are different than the later calipers and won't bolt up to a later Alpine's spindle.

Limey

Donation Time
Quick way to check-measure the two mounting holes width. The S2 calipers are different than the later calipers and won't bolt up to a later Alpine's spindle.
Thanks Eric, I have laid one over the other and they are a perfect match. I'll do a bit more research tonight. I have an old 60's Girling part number/application book buried deeply somewhere. I wonder what the difference is between 16 and 16P. Not much if any as far as I can see

Oliver

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Thanks Eric, I have laid one over the other and they are a perfect match. I'll do a bit more research tonight. I have an old 60's Girling part number/application book buried deeply somewhere. I wonder what the difference is between 16 and 16P. Not much if any as far as I can see

Oliver
If the bolt pattern is correct measure the Pistons might be a different size which doesn't make a lot of difference other than a larger piston has more clamp force .

Limey

Donation Time
Hi All

On the TR forums they say that the only difference between a Type 16 and a 16P is the piston seal type. Other than that they are fully interchangeable

Sorted

Oliver