• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Getting Closer to Race Time!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
Hallett Oklahoma

March 27th -29th Corinthian Vintage Cars

Andy, are you in this time with our white Number 8 Alpine?
Steve, is the Tiger ready this year?

I need some Sunbeams to cheer on this year :D

Donna

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Hey, Donna! I'm currently trying to sort a little niggly problem but I should have it ready to go when the time comes. We have to enter before 3/17/09 so I'll know by then, for sure. I really want to run this event because, for the first time since I've been running with CVAR, we're going to run the track clockwise rather than counter-clockwise. I've done that before in a Saleen Mustang and, boy howdy, what a hoot that was!! In my opinion, it is a safer circuit running in the clockwise direction. About the only place you can get into much trouble would be going over the hill, blind, into turn 2, which is normally turn 9. You'd better know when to get off the gas and on the brakes, plus you'd better have some good brakes!!!

Anyway, it ought to be fun. If you remember, touch base with me after 3/17 and I'll let you know for sure if we're going to make it or not.

Take care,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Have another racer to watch!

Through my other car forum I have made contact with another Vintage racer that will be at Hallett. No Sunbeams he races those other British car "MG" but I plan on looking him up and cheering him on also, unless his is in Andy's group and my loyalty will be with the Sunbeam, Go Andy! Now if only the weather will hold out and be DRY ;)

Donna

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Thanks for the support, Donna!!! We'll be looking forward to seeing you out there. I registered for the event last night but I'm gambling a bit as the car is not quite ready. I've got to locate some different roll bar padding; they've changed the rules on that and my car will no longer pass tech with the old-style padding. I've also been working out my new oil pressure gauge installation and I've about got it done. At the same time, I'm installing a "T" in the line with a low-pressure warning light switch. So, surely if I experience a low oil pressure situation, if the gauge doesn't attract my attention, at least the light will. Consequently, if there are no problems with all of this, we plan on racing both Saturday and Sunday.

See you out there,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Darn Weather!

I may weenie out and take the daily driver to Hallett, if I drive Vicki the Alpine it's half price but with today's weather forecast:

Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.

Now if Vicki was a real convertible with a soft top instead of a GT with the awful hot noisy hard top then I would brave the slight chance of rain. I am still praying that they take the rain out of the forecast!

Donna
:D

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Donna:

You might want to rethink even coming to Hallett on Saturday. If you haven't already seen or heard, the weather forecast now calls for rain/snow mix on Saturday and extremely strong north winds. I'm almost certain that we'll miss Saturday; we may still try to be there for Sunday but Saturday appears to be out of the question. Frankly, I'm surprised that they haven't just rescheduled the event.

See ya' (maybe),

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Bad to Worst!

:eek:
Yes I was watching the news last night and typical Oklahoma one last SNOW storm before it is officially Spring. Unless the weather changes back to something normal then Saturday is out. I know some of the hardy Sunbeam folks drive their cars in the snow and cold but I will pass on that fun. Plan on going Sunday unless Hallett cancels got the tracks phone number so I will call before we head out Sunday.

Donna
:D