• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Generator and bracket for 1725

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone have a generator and bracket for a 1725? Wiring looks to fit a generator and there is an regulator. This would be for a 67 Super Minx Estate. If there's one in the greater Chicago or Milwaukee area please message me.

Attachments

• IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 53

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Didn't that vehicle since at least '66 come equipped with an alternator as shown in the photo instead of a generator?

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
The photo shows a one wire alternator (Chevy style)which George B installed. the bracket is not for a sunbeam, keep breaking the welds. So I am changing it back to original . I thought that too about having an alt but having a regulator for a generator and the wire ends match for a earlier generator (see reg photo).

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ordered one on ebay $66 without pulley. Since i did not have one I used one off of a 1962 ford PS pump. Had to shim since the shaft was .04 smaller. Generator fit the bracket and the wiring matched up. Had an issue with a growling noise from the back cover. Seller messaged me to run it for a couple of weeks to break it in. Turned out the bronze bushing had no lube from the factory (India). Once greased up runs great. Anyone looking for a single wire Alternator for a Chevy?

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMG_2203.JPG IMG_2204.JPG Looks to be the same as 110 amp single wire GM alt with chrome plating. Fits Chevy. No part numbers on body. On ebay part # PE 363 or PC272C. $50 + shipping if interested.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
The major issue was the bracket and the clearance to the block. Did you use a stock 1725 Alt bracket? Since this had a generator on the SM everything hooked up with the replacement. Will keep it on the shelf or bring it to the next United 2019. .IMG_2091.JPG