• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gasser

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's because there's a bumper sticker on the back that says beware of ejecting parts, with the subscript of the car.
I'm surprised that the headlight rings haven't blown off already or that hardtop...

As a sidebar the picture below is of a guy who just bought a TigerIMG_20200619_070755_01.jpg so there's hope for whoever buys this car.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's because there's a bumper sticker on the back that says beware of ejecting parts, with the subscript of the car.
I'm surprised that the headlight rings haven't blown off already or that hardtop...

As a sidebar the picture below is of a guy who just bought a TigerView attachment 20146 so there's hope for whoever buys this car.
I hope that's a replica.

Otherwise, what a waste of a early 100-4/6 big Healey!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't know he just sent me the picture, when he thanked me for referring him to the car for sale. Clearly I'd rather have a Farrah fawcett poster:)

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sorry, that's an Austin Healey
I have some really good friends in the Austin-Healey Club, there's only one guy I can't keep up with mostly because I'm a wuss. He's got a Chevy 350 crammed in one and is an X F1 driver. My comment was that he has good taste in fine British automobiles even ones that have been ruined with Detroit iron.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
‘54 Chevy tail lights? I’ll bet that is a scary ride.

Mike,

I think you're right about the tail lights. Probably an understatement about the "scary ride". It looks like the body may have been dropped on an old DJ5 postal Jeep frame. At least that's the only place I remember seeing front wheel hubs with that appearance. Maybe you recall the study which showed the CJ's cornering instability in the early 80's? The postal DJ's were even worse.