• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fwd: Completely Covid-19-Safe British Classic Car Show

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I received the following announcement on my club email account. It sounds like fun, for anyone who is interested.

I am Joe Dowley, president of the MG Car Club of Washington DC. Our Club, like so many this year, had to cancel our annual British Classic Car Show due to the pandemic. After a short period of mourning the loss of our favorite event, we decided to do the next best thing: sponsor for ourselves and the greater British Classic community a virtual show, replete with all the normal marques, awards for class winners, Best Barn Find, Most Amusing Car, Best Car Write-up, and the chance, from the comforts of home, to view some very nice cars all in one place--and in an absolutely Covid-19-safe way.

So, this is the reason for this email: to invite you and your members to take a look at what we're doing and, if you're interested, register for the Show. The cost to register is $20, and you'll need to take some color digital photos of your car(s) if you don't have them already; to draft a brief write-up of your entry and/or some unique experiences with it; and then submit these materials to the Show. Registration is from today, Oct. 5th to Oct. 24th. All photo submissions need to be in by Oct. 31st. On Nov. 7th-15th all registrants will be able to view and vote for their favorites among all the entries in an online catalog, We'll conduct a LIVE ZOOM Awards Program on Nov. 19th at 7pm. THE SHOW IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 300 REGISTERED CARS...

We know we can't replace the real thing, but this might just fill in some otherwise unfulfilling hours with some excellent British Classic Car FUN. If you or any of your Members are interested we would be delighted to share the fun. I've attached a flyer on the event--THE SIR STIRLING MOSS TROPHY VIRTUAL BRITISH CLASSIC CAR SHOW-- which has a link to registration at the bottom. Also attached is a photo of the Sir Stirling Moss Trophy which will go the car voted by all the registrants as Best in Show.

Whether you choose to join in the Show or not, please stay safe and healthy. Thanks for reading this.

IMG_0361 (1) (1).jpg
MG Carshow2020 flyer_Generic redu (2) (1) (1).jpg

Last edited: