• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel tank sending unit question

dmich2

Donation Time
OK, just for grins...:D My tester is busted and before I go get a new one I was wondering. Has anyone ever tested the ohms on their sending unit?? I have a SIV and wanted to get a FULL and EMPTY tank reading.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Dennis

jmthehermit

Donation Time
fuel tank sending unit

Hi Dennis, I just checked three of my units. I found 30k at full and 200k at empty. Note you have to clean the contact areas for a good steady reading. Mine have been sitting on a shelf. I used a brass bristle brush on the outside and some Radio Shack tuner cleaner under the removable side plate where the slide contact is located. Jeff

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks Jeff. That's exactly what I needed. I love this Forum. No matter how obscure a question I can always count on an answer....sometimes I need to be careful what I ask for....;)

Dennis

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Dennis, the questions are no big deal. The simple fact is that somewhere somebody has one of these cars in pieces undergoing a rebuild or resto. My biggest problem is finding the parts or pieces in question. The darn garage gremlins keep shifting and hiding my parts when I go to bed. :D:D:D Jeff

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Bill, your right. I just checked with my magnifying glass. The 1K indicator was pointing to a lower scale. OOOPS!:p Sorry Dennis. I guess it's either bifocals or getting a new digital readout VOM. Jeff