• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel pump cut-off switch

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I need to go to the junk yard to pick up some misc stuff (mostly for my daughter's truck, but I also need the harness that goes from the V6 distributor to the control box) and want to grab a fuel pump cut-off switch while I am there. I remember a discussion about this on the old board, but couldn't find it. There was a specific Ford switch recommended (Taurus? Tempo?) and a location for finding it (inside rear fender?). Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

p.s. Nice to see the Modified Forum back near the top! OK, we're below Harringtons, but I'll take that.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim, I think all the Ford cutoff switches are the same, usually in the trunk. I got mine out of the trunk of a Tempo. Look for the little sign.

Bill

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Would'nt any type of fuel cut-off switch be OK for this application or does it have to be ford specific?

Regards, Robin.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim, the one that says "Fuel Pump Shutoff". Just checked my wife's ZX2, it is located on the passenger side.

Robin, probably any cutoff would work, the Ford switch is a known commodity so that is what is used.

Bill