• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel line to fuel tee series V

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Factory question. How was the nylon fuel line originally connected to the Stromberg fuel tee on a series V? The parts manual shows an ambiguous picture. My car has a nut with internal threads, with apparently a tapered inner diameter. Wondering if the nut is original or not.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 49

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Very cool. I can't remember anymore how mine was when I got it. But I do remember that the two top sides of the T that went to the carbs did not have hose clamps as shown in your picture. They just slipped on.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The nut, screwed onto the fuel line, slips over the T fitting. The originals didn't have clamps. SS started supplying clamps with their repro T's several years ago, as they are slightly too stiff and don't seal as well as the originals. At least in my experience (two duds) they are prone to premature cracking.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've also had bad luck with premature cracks between the Dual carbs....

I bought one of Mike's "tee's" for a fix;)

65beam

Donation Time
fuel line

Photo of fuel T's made and sold by Tiger Tom many years ago. The nylon Fuel T's were a problem 30years ago. The tag in the bag of these shows I bought these in 1994. These can be made using items available at any parts store such as NAPA. The tubing is made from steel brake line. They don't leak or degrade.

Attachments

• 109_0859.jpg
    109_0859.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 65