• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front end Alignment

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
Looked at the chapter on alignment in the WSM. Yes very specific. Was hoping to get somewhat close without the procedures noted. I don't expect any shops will have the blocks etc. to perform as well as shims required, but I'll check around. May have to trip down to NY if I can't find a shop locally. Expect to call on some of our Ontario owners for shop suggestions.
My mechanic actually made blocks to do the job. (Alberta)

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I think Bill is spot on. FWIW, there is a pretty well known alignment shop in LA for Porsches and race cars. I took the WSM with me when I took my Alpine in. The owner looked at it and dismissed it entirely. The results were fantastic. I think a quality shop that truly knows alignment will do it just fine.