• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

for the V6 power junkies

alpine_64

Donation Time
This was at a local garage recently.. thought the V6 boys might like it.

It's in a 70's Capri

2649956980054462410iLwUQA_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2935276790054462410XqPhGb_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jarrid,

Im quite sure its the essex V6, its the brit spec capri, not sure the origins of the charger.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Jarrid,

Im quite sure its the essex V6, its the brit spec capri, not sure the origins of the charger.

I wasnt aware that any british capris came with the essex, thought that they used I4, V4 and V6 colognes.

The blower is an M62, very common on lots of cars, with various snout lengths and configs. Its a common aftermarket blower too. prolly most common OEM application is the mercedes SLK.

V_Mad

Donation Time
Most of the British Capris had the Cologne V6 with fuel injection. But the Mk1s were fitted with the 3 litre Essex engine, which was also used in the early Ford Granada (plus also most Reliant Scimitars).

The essex engine is really popular here, more so than the Cologne engine it seems. But I am really pleased with my 2.8; its smooth, powerful enough, and its light weight is a real benefit in the little Alpine. In Britain, its readily available with the T9 gearbox/bell housing/clutch which makes things really easy too.