• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

FOR SALE - Sunbeam Alpine Series V Racecar

dla248

Gold Level Sponsor
FOR SALE – Sunbeam Alpine Series V Race Car

This Alpine was bought several years ago from RM Motorsports as a backup for my current vintage race car ( Carl Christiansen’s white Alpine). I have lost my storage space and want to find someone to restore it. The chassis is a time capsule with straight body panels and deserves to put back on the race track or converted to an Alger. The car is located in Fenton, MI near Detroit.

A Chrysler engineer converted it to a race car in 1973 (two binders of drawings/race notes) and it remained a limited use regional race car for several owners (3 log books). In 1992 this car had the SVRA FP class record at 1:56.8 at Mid Ohio. The last race was in 1994, since then the car has been in enclosed storage.

Suspension – redesigned front sway bar using heim joints between A-arm and cowl body mounts. Front and rear Spax adjustable shocks will be included. Special single leaf rear springs. Custom rear sway bar with heim joints links.

Rear Axle – Toyota axle housing, strong axle shafts, and hubs. Two welded ratios 4.22 and 4.55 both with modified Rootes internals. This offers the capability to easily change rear axle ratios for different tracks. Also have another welded rear that may be standard Rootes

Engine – disassembled when acquired, have race block with pistons. Have parts to complete engine, plus extra cylinder heads and other engine parts. Stromberg race prepared carbs. Custom headers and racing exhaust. Large oil cooler, with aeroquip lines, Hi-torque starter.

Gearbox – Rootes, no idea of condition. Will include stock pressure plate and clutch.

Body – very good condition. No major accidents from records of every race. Nice steel flares, Full roll cage, extends to rear. Some small rust in one rocker panel , but all other parts of body are very solid.

Other- MSD box, all race instrument gages, halon fire extinguisher bottle, racing seat, wink mirror, stock radiator, good headlight rims. Tires and wheels are just placeholders.

Additional pictures available, contact me through PM if any questions. Price is $ 2,000 negotiable depending on components desired – will not separate until chassis is sold.

100_2479.JPG 100_2481.JPG 100_2483.JPG 100_2488.JPG 100_1904.JPG 100_2484.JPG

Attachments

• 100_2479.JPG
    100_2479.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 139