• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

?? For all running 13" wheels

Duke

Donation Time
I am trying to get a feel for what size tire is correct for the back.

I am battling a bad wheel rub problem (passenger side) that I am blaming on the soft/worn out springs. I have a set of Dale's leaf spring ready to install as soon as the rear axle is back in the car.

I have J.A Pierce (JAP) wheels made in England and they have no indication of the offset. The tires are BF Goodrich Radial TA 215/60SR13 and they do look to be wide for the wheels.

Checking on Tire rack.com, there are only two tires available in the 205 13 size. 13" TA Radials are no longer made.

So, what tires are you guys running?

Here are a couple of pictures -

tire1_1.jpg

tire2_1.jpg

V_Mad

Donation Time
Maybe when you have replaced the springs you will be OK. If not you could trim or roll over the fender rim. I suspect the wheel offsets would are a bit small for your current setup. I normally use offsets at least 18mm. You can approximately calculate offset by measuring distance from the hub face to the backside then the front side (I cant remember the formula at the moment though, but its on my spreadsheet somewhere!).

alpine_64

Donation Time
Duke,

I dont think you need to have such wide tyres.. maybe look at a set of 185 or 195's. They are easier to come by in the 13".. pirelli and yokohamas also do 185/13's that are quite nice.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

I have 185 14" on my Tiger, but I don't think I have seen anything over 205 on an Alpine or a Tiger. Alot of grunt going through such small tyres on the Tigers, but still seems to work well.

Regards, Robin.