• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Floor repairs

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Well, since I'm currently up to my neck in floor replacment, I'll jump in. My floor had two thumb sized holes under the gas pedal, a few pin holes in the pass side floor pan and obvious surface rust everywhere else. When I started poking and proding, I found LOTS more weak areas that a screw driver could penetrate without much difficulty. I estimated this project would set me back about four months. I've used that four months already and am about to finish the second of the four sections. This time also included the trans tunnel mod for the T-5. So, end of summer is my new get well date, just for the floors. Jan was honest with me about the level of difficulty and I'm glad. When the interior goes in, it can stay in and I won't have to think about the holes under my feet every time I drive it. I won't have to cring if it starts raining while driving it. The project is a pain in the a*s, time consuming, but I think worth it to gain a sound car. Having said that, everyone has a right to his own decision.

BTW, Lester, I'll be in OK City later this summer. maybe I can check in and see how you're doing. Speaking of Oklahoma.....Go BSU Broncos. ;)

P.