• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Flanged SV rear axles I

65beam

Donation Time
Gordon,
If you're wanting to switch to steel wheels then I should have front and rear hubs. I just need to find time to go to the storage unit.

hmihm

Donation Time
i've got the correct SV front and rear hubs.
Please call me at 262-783-4657
thanks heinz

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Some where out on this forum is my Hub puller for std hubs but if you need to remove the wire wheel hubs then you will need one for that type. I think Dan Richardson has the puller.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks George, have a axle puller to at least get the shaft out. Someone damaged the end of the shaft ether getting the nut off or trying to pull the hub. The other side has the nut and it is damaged also....fun, fun. Do S1 rear axles fit S5 rear end? I see that the ebrake setup is different.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
SV axles are unique in one way because of the bearing assembly - it's different from any other series axles.

Are you asking if the splined hubs from a S1 is the same as a SV? I doubt it, but I'm not an expert on wires as I abhor them.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steel or wire (splined) rear hubs are specific to Series V as are the axles. Fronts hubs are interchangeable Series I-V.

If you intend to remove the hubs leave the hub and axle in place. It is much, much easier to remove a hub with it and the axle mounted on the car.

Mark .…. volvoguys

BTW, I have SV-specific rear axles available.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Mark-I have a set of regular non splined shafts. May need the splined will let you know.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wire-wheel hubs and steel hubs both use the same axle shaft in Series V. Same goes for Series I-IV but, again, hubs/axles from earlier Series cars cannot be used on SV.