• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

First Start of Rebuilt V6

AlpineII

Donation Time
I have been waiting for this for a long time and finally made some big progress in the last few days. This morning I was able to fire up the upgraded V6 for the first time. Once we played with some mis-wiring, set the distributor, fixed a small vacumn hose leak and tuned the Holley a little, she settled down and just purred!!! :D

There are still some things to sort out. I screwed-up the wiring somehow and didn't have power fee to the coil. For this morning I simply ran a jumper wire right to the fuse box but I'll have to go back and see what I did wrong.

Filling it with fuel for the first time this morning and found a fuel leak in the cross-over tube. At first I thought tit was simpy the commention from hose to fuel tank and in watching it carefuully, it seems to be coming from where that short neck joins the cross-over tube. I've drained the tanks and will pull the cross-over tube tonight and have it sand-blasted and welded at a rad shop this week.

But man, did it ever sound good!! ;)

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
CONGRATULATIONS EDDIE!!!!

Now the real fun begins. Let us know how it drives. OK?

When you check the cross over tube, you might want to also check the steel elbows at each end. I had a rust pin hole in one of mine and couldn't find it, until I took everything out and checked each individual part.

Jose

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Congrats. Well done. Mine is still sitting on the engine stand, rebuilt, painted and ready to rock. All it lack is the carb and distributor....and a lot of body work so it has a home. I look forward to your experience.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Jose,
Thanks for the tip. When I was replacing the vent tube I also replaced the 4 rubber tube connections between the corner and cross over tube as well as the filler neck. I thought the corner and crossover tubes seemed to be in good shape when I re-installed them.

Pulled the cross over tubes and sure enough there is rust right at the base of the fuel line feeder pipe. Should have it fixed later this week.

Really looking forward to taking it for a spin but it may be a little while as I still have to ge the dash, custom gauges and interior back in. I had a lot done to the engine to get as much as possible out of it.;)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Way to go Eddie
Once you get it all sorted out you will look for any chance to go for a drive.It will be so satisfying people will wonder why you are smiling all the time

Yenko

Donation Time
Hey Alpine II,

Very happy for you...Since we live near from each other...hope to see your V6 Alpine in a near future, we coulnd take a ride in our V6 Alpine:D...Congrat and if you need help...Just ask...