• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

First drive.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Today I was working in my garage, mostly getting it ready to bring my SII back for the winter. I know that for some of you winter doesnt exist.

I hear a great engine sound and go outside. One of my neighbours has a Lamborghini Galladro (I think) on his driveway. I've seen it before, but today I went and had a good look. Neighbour looked t me and said "you are a car guy, I've seen your British stuff". I admitted to it, we talked and he said, want to go for a ride?. I said "you bet" and started to open the passenger door. He said "WRONG DOOR".

I'm 68 years old and a guy about the age of my daughter had to teach me how to shift a "clutchless" standard/auto. It gets better. I'm afraid to do much even though he says "go ahead, stand on it". So anyway we go down a residential street. I do 0-30 mph in a short time. Up ahead is somebody in an SUV. Don't know his/her speed but it wasn't fast. (S)he got pulled over by the local gerdarmie. What could I say if it was me? "sorry, I don't drive cars like this often?".

Anyway, one more thing off my bucket list. Now, if I could only get my V6 Alpine mobile it might be 2,3,4 and 5.

Last edited: