• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Finished

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Here a few more pics
Yes those are wheel skates.They sure do help moving the car around.I guess a nice smooth floor would even make it easier to move.Can't wait til spring

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,

Looks awesome :cool: . It's a shame you can't test it out, but I assume it's too cold. Well worth the wait though. What's the next project?

Regards, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,

Looks awesome :cool: . It's a shame you can't test it out, but I assume it's too cold. Well worth the wait though. What's the next project?

Regards, Robin.
Thanks Robin
It took 2 years.Next is to do its matching trailer complete. There is a crack in the fibre glass.Also will change the wheels

donchiotos

Donation Time
Jeff, The car looks great!!! I am in the process of doing mine with The V6 and I am finishing up the body- I like the way you filled in the vents, seams, and made the square license plate indent in the trunk. Thanks for listing the pictures. I would like to do the same to my Alpine with the vents, and trunk. I saw from the pictures you tack welded a metal plate to cover the vent openings. Did you fill it with fiberglass, body filler, or lead? The trunk indent how did you do that? Did you cut the trunk first then fabricate a rectangle. then weld it inside the trunk, then fill the gaps? If so again what did you use for the filler around the edges to prevent it from cracking? Thanks, Don Chiotos

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Thanks Bill,
Once I'm done (in a month or so I hope) I'll do like Chuck and post a thread or a story describing the work and the processes I've done along the way.
I might even figure out how to include a FEW pictures from the 400 or so I've taken along the way!
Thanks again for your interest!

Chuck, could you post some underhood pics?
Maybe some of the front suspension too.

I think pictures REALLY encourage others to keep going with their projects, moreso than just words anyhow. I know I get motivated seeing others "Shiney's"!

Are you going to make it to Ohio for the Invasion?
I'd love to see alot of your work up close.
After all, when this one is done, I have a few more in the barn to get going on. At least one of them will be a conversion, 6 or 8 I don't know yet, decisions, decisions!

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

Maybe there should be a restoration section for the website. There seems to be alot happening in the Sunbeam world from engine rebuilds to full restorations. Would it be worth a try?

Regards, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck, could you post some underhood pics?
Maybe some of the front suspension too.

I think pictures REALLY encourage others to keep going with their projects, moreso than just words anyhow. I know I get motivated seeing others "Shiney's"!

Jeff
I will get some underhood pics as I have them
I just put the car up higher so will take a couple pics of the front end with the Mustang rack and mustang spindles in place.I still think the ones I did do are in my files.I must clean up as they are pretty full.
Thank goodness I have heat in the garage.Its a cool one this AM with temperature at -39F.Windchill is like -50F.
As to getting to an Invasion. These type of things will probably not happen for sometime as the zeal has gone.

Slainte

Donation Time
Thanks to all of you who have posted pictures of your cars and processes. I haven't visited the website for almost two years, but after seeing what Mr. Scoville and Mr. Ingram have been up to, I've cleared a path in my garage to my Alpine. Haven't done anything but sit in it, mind you, but sitting is more than I've done for quite awhile. One step at a time. Now, where did I put that key...

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Thanks to all of you who have posted pictures of your cars and processes. I haven't visited the website for almost two years, but after seeing what Mr. Scoville and Mr. Ingram have been up to, I've cleared a path in my garage to my Alpine. Haven't done anything but sit in it, mind you, but sitting is more than I've done for quite awhile. One step at a time. Now, where did I put that key...

Glad you are inspired.
I don't know about the Mr.Ingram part as I'm simply Chuck.