• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

FIA approval of webers?

Paul Archer

Donation Time
We took the car to the dyno shop with the webers on it. Revved to 6500rpm easily enough, but power curve peaked at 6000. It is of course possible that something was wrong with our setup although the car seemed to perform fine with the webers on, just not appreicably faster than with the Strombergs.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
We took the car to the dyno shop with the webers on it. Revved to 6500rpm easily enough, but power curve peaked at 6000. It is of course possible that something was wrong with our setup although the car seemed to perform fine with the webers on, just not appreicably faster than with the Strombergs.

Power peak will be closer to 5000RPM with stroms.

If the car feels faster with stroms, use a stop watch between 2 RPM points to gauge the actual improvement between one setup vs the other.

The butt-dyno often lies to you, particularly when the more restrictive setup (stroms) give some better bottom end torque.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have the document scanned, but any suggestion as to where to upload it to ? Is there any place on the forum ?

Paul,

If you send it to me i can put it on a page i have with coies of all the factory racing manuals and other rootes and sunbeam documents so everyone can access it.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Yes, thx Paul.

Interesting it also has an answer to the next item I would have needed to deal with and thats the limited slip papers!

Its all in the one document.

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK,

Found it.. also noticed that Page 02 sisnt upload.. will do that now.

I wonder if anyone has the FIA sheets for the SII cars that ran at LM in 1963.. those hybrid SII//3 cars had the ultimate spec.. ally pannels, webers, early series screen and hardtop.. later series telescopic shocks on the rear.