• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fenders

mototron

Donation Time
Hello All
I need a left front Fender and Partial nose
if anyone has one or a whole Shell
does anyone make fiberglass or alloy fenders ?

Wrecked my Race car at The Jefferson 500
A spitfire went off on Turn 2 and came back on heading right at me
Little Blue is in Bad shape and needs help
Thanks
Rocco

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
parts cars

I have some parts cars in Ohio. what year are you looking for? most of may cars are 66 and 67. I have one 63 S3.

sorry about your car. I just got my yellow SV on the track three weeks ago. Had driver school and a race weekend all at one time. send me a Pm with phone number if you waht to talk over what I have.

brad

anduril3019

Donation Time
I'm actually looking at a SII shell this weekend, but I'm in California. Do you have an economical way of getting it to you?

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rocco, Back in the day I raced an Alpine and then a Spitwad. I am guessing that the Spitwad got the worst of it! Not much meat on them. Sorry about the accident, what a drag especially at the start of the season.

agmason54

Donation Time
hey desparado

Rocko
I hear your words....Im hell with a SawsAll.Its scary how easy it is to put a gash in anAlpine frame with just a hammer and chiesel.
Agm

Attachments

• 2013-06-03 17.23.06.jpg
    2013-06-03 17.23.06.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 2013-06-03 17.23.23.jpg
    2013-06-03 17.23.23.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2013-06-04 14.09.08.jpg
    2013-06-04 14.09.08.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 66

mototron

Donation Time
Thanks for all the replies
I found a series III a few miles from me rotted into the ground
but the fender looks savable going to take a better look today
If it works out I will have a whole parts car if anyone needs parts
I will post pics when I get it
Rocco

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rocko
I hear your words....Im hell with a SawsAll.Its scary how easy it is to put a gash in anAlpine frame with just a hammer and chiesel.
Agm

My word Albert, you have not been in your new digs more than a year and you already have a collection of parts cars???!!!

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Fenders and other stuff

I have some parts cars in Ohio. what year are you looking for? most of may cars are 66 and 67. I have one 63 S3.

sorry about your car. I just got my yellow SV on the track three weeks ago. Had driver school and a race weekend all at one time. send me a Pm with phone number if you waht to talk over what I have.

brad

Hi Brad,

I saw your reply in this string and thought I'd drop a line. I'm in the process of restoring a 67 Series V. Would you happen to have a right front fender? Other general question I have is, among your parts cars, do any have decent floors? Regards, Mark

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Fender Floors

Thanks TC At the moment, what I really need is a Right front fender and a set of Front and Rear floor pans.

If you or anyone have a line out there on these, please email mark@tasctech.com or cell 603-490-2053

Thanks, Mark

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Thanks TC At the moment, what I really need is a Right front fender and a set of Front and Rear floor pans.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Your other post regarding floor pans reminded me I was going to reply about the floor pans here. I ordered rear floor pans from Dave Lameront in Canada. They looked good and my body shop said they were fine to work with. Hopefully I will remember to download the photos and post more info tonight.

-Todd

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Floor Pans

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply back. I havnt heard of Dave Lameront before and so if you dont mind, please send along his contact information. I'm also very curious to see any photos of his work, either before or after installation. Does Dave also do other Sunbeam specific sheet metal, like inner/outer Rockers?

Mark

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
As here Todd, I'm attempting to remove some sheet metal from a donor car for my SIV Conversion Car.

What a job!

DanR

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Fender

Hi Rocco,

thanks for the reply. I could actually use the whole fender. I dont have my car stripped, but it appears that there were at least two repairs made at some point, perhaps from crash damage. I can see two patch panels one in the middle of the fender arch, one behind the wheel well that runs from around the rocker area half way up the fender.

So if you have a means of extracting the fender along its original seam, complete, that would work for me.

Will a series II fender fit a series V?

Mark

mikephillips

Donation Time
Yes an early front fender will work on a series V. There's a couple things you need to do though. First the obvious, the parking light opening needs to change, the early one is smaller and the later lamp won't fit.

Less obvious is that the seam near the windshield changed locations. On the early cars it runs from the round corner of the hood opening across to the the door opening above the drip channel, the cowl itself is one piece door to door. On the later cars you have the seam from the square opening for the hood that runs back to the windshield.

The round corner across to the door on the early car is lead loaded, you'll need to melt that out. The I recommend cutting both to follow the early car seam and welding them together. Then finishing the seam and covering with your favorite body filler until it can't be seen. Do something similiar at the headlamp end depending on where you need to cut it to remove the damage.

65beam

Donation Time
if you have the right cutting tools and welder you can make anything fit. the front and rear fenders all have the same basic design. as mike said, there are a few differences in the seams. there was a change made to the seams near the headlight opening after the start of series 3 production. the early cars had a seam that started at the top center of the opening and ran at about a 45 degree angle over to the fender well. this was done away with and the seam moved to where the panel with the letters joins the fender. I know people that have taken a series 3 and installed late fenders on it. this was done to several race cars over the years.

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Thanks Guys, I appreciate the input. So it sounds like all I need is a fender in decent shape and someone that knows where the seams are and where its best to make cuts.

Rocco if your still tuned into this string, lets chat about what can be done. I'm about 5 hours north of you and can make it down there across the Bridgeport ferry.

Mark