• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

FB GROUP.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It is information from a Firefox extension called uBlock Origin. Basically uBlock Origin is an ad blocker. The information I posted is showing the web domains for requests that originated from the SAOCA forum page that is displaying this "FB GROUP" thread. It is showing there are some sort of requests being made to facebook and twitter. I didn't dig into page source code to see the actual purpose of those requests. Those could be just to bring in the Share This Page content you see at the bottom of the page.
View attachment 18790

The *cdn* entries (e.g. fbcdn.net) are content delivery networks - CDNs. A majority of web sites use CDNs to replicate 'static' content, like images, over the internet. Your browser can retrieve static content from the replicated content copies provided by CDNs, instead of going back to the original web site. CDN providers will have many geographic access points and your browser will normally access the one that is geographically closest to you. That can greatly speed up page loading and avoid traffic volume to the "real" web site.

Mike
Thanks. I'm glad that cleared up.:)

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It appears the forum software has integrations with facebook and twitter.

Mike

I’ve never hear of anyone who was excited about it, so I went ahead and removed as much of the Facebook integration as I could as of yesterday. That likely won’t stop the tracking, but it will remove the like and recommend buttons.